get to know us

Leading Visa &
Immigration Firm

Welcome To Thompson Immigration

Thompson Immigration consultants is a one stop full service Immigration firm, Located and operating out of Calgary Alberta Canada, Thompson Immigration Consultants Incorporated is renowned for professional, courteous and efficient customer service . Astute and resilient advocate for their clients, the Consultants at Thompson Immigration employ their extensive knowledge and experience of Canadian immigration when advising their clients, proffering the best option to resolving their case and mindful of saving costs. We offer our client a “WORRY FREE’ immigration experience as we stand shoulder to shoulder with them, deploying our knowledge of Canadian Immigration law, rules and regulation in mitigating if not obliterating the prevalent hardship common with navigating the stormy waters of Canadian Immigration process.

  • Fast Processing

  • Courteous Service



Years of Experience

Tried Trusted Visa Immigration Firm Firm!

common faqs

Frequently Asked Questions?

If a person is already a permanent resident, what are the residency requirements to renew the status?

The short answer is that the person can renew his/her status after residing in Canada for three years or 730 days. There are exceptions to this rule, but these are dependent on each person’s specific circumstances. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you call our office for consultation.

I am a permanent resident and I have been charged with a crime in Canada. Will this affect my status?

Being convicted of a crime in Canada can lead to the loss of permanent resident status and removal from Canada under certain circumstances. Recent changes to the legislation have increased restrictions on appeal rights and created a much stricter system for permanent residents convicted of a crime in Canada. Therefore, it is imperative that you seek legal advice on the immigration consequences of a conviction immediately. Our office specializes in dealing with criminal inadmissibility issues. We strongly suggest that you contact our office as soon as possible.

If I am in Canada on a visitor visa can I work or study?

No, you are not permitted to work or study while in Canada on a visitor’s visa. In order to work, you need to have a work permit and in order to study, a study permit. These are three different status documents which entitle you to different privileges. However, there are very few exceptions to this rule and if you would like to know whether or not you fall under any of them, please call our office for consultation.

My visitor/study/work permit is expiring soon or has expired. What can I do?

You will need to apply for an extension or restoration of your status if it has expired. For assistance, contact our office..